6 Reasons Why Print Media is an Important Part of Your Marketing Efforts
Looking for way to break through the communication barrier between you and your prospects? In today’s digital age, it’s easy for your target market to become saturated with online advertisements and email marketing. It’s time to take a proven approach to reaching your prospects, print media.
According to PrintIsBig.com, U.S. and worldwide industry statistics, U.S. advertisers spend on average $167 per person on direct mail to earn $2,095 worth of goods sold. That’s a 1,300% return on investment!
Still not sure if investing in print media is right for you? According to Forbes Magazine, print materials and publications offer your customers and prospects a brand experience that can’t be replicated online. Below are 6 reasons that stress the importance of print media and why your print media publications will make a lasting impact on your target market.
- Print is Tangible. Publications, brochures, posters and other types of printed materials are physical items. These items can stay in offices or homes for months or even years after they are received.
- Print is Credible. Like the feeling you get when you see The New York Times or your favorite magazine on the rack, there is something to be said about the feeling of legitimacy that comes from print. You are able to put the printed piece down and comeback at any time to resume your reading. And print media requires “real estate”. As marketers, we like this! A printed piece placed on the corner of a desk will be there day after day until it is picked back up to be viewed.
- Print Establishes Your Brand. Printed publications and other branded materials is an excellent way to establish your brand. It allows you to bring the aesthetic qualities of font, colors, images and texture that helps to establish brand recognition.
- Print Helps You Reach Your Target Market. The design and placement of your company ads in publications, newspapers and magazines can help you reach your target audience, whether it be a niche market or the general public. By leveraging the data of demographics, you are able to strategically place your brand in the right place at the right time, in front of the right audience.
- Print is More Engaging. Websites are often skimmed in as little as 15 seconds per visit. When a customer or prospect reads a printed material, they are more engaged for a longer period of time. On average, a consumer spend 43 minutes reading a magazine.
- Less Print, Is More For You. With more companies taking their marketing efforts online, the old has become new again as print media becomes the new trend. But this isn’t your parents’ world of print media communications! Marketers have more information and data to make calculated decisions about content, consumption, consumers, and collateral types. Customers’ and prospects’ email inboxes are overflowing with unsolicited ads and non-worthy news, most of which is largely ignored. With this in mind, designing and sharing a great printed marketing piece should be high on your list of strategic marketing initiatives.
Making Print Say More
Think print media is a static medium? Think again. Some of the biggest players in print advertising are doing some amazing things by integrating technology into their print ads.
Check these out and get inspired!
[embedplusvideo height=”269″ width=”430″ standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/640v8yBcXg8?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=640v8yBcXg8&width=430&height=269&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep7588″ /]
[embedplusvideo height=”269″ width=”430″ standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/iDZX1n4Xg7k?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=iDZX1n4Xg7k&width=430&height=269&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep4135″ /]
[embedplusvideo height=”269″ width=”430″ standard=”http://www.youtube.com/v/FhbkqFdKnP8?fs=1″ vars=”ytid=FhbkqFdKnP8&width=430&height=269&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=0&react=1&chapters=¬es=” id=”ep7498″ /]
Creating a great library of printed materials and publications doesn’t mean that you abandon your online marketing efforts. It’s quite the contrary. Integrating your digital and print marketing makes your marketing campaigns stronger, more important and more resilient.
Here are 3 ways you can make your print media materials more interactive:
- QR Codes. A great way to draw your target market to a webpage or a website to learn more about your product or services. QR codes are easy to use and can be customized to fit your needs and your company branding.
- Infographics. Statistics and graphs can be dull, but formatting them as an infographic allows you to reach your target audience in visually appealing and memorable way. Include a digital copy of your infographic online so that it can be shared by your customers and prospects.
- Social Media. Include your social media icons and tags in your printed materials to take the conversation online. Post engaging content online that reinforces your printed message.
Looking to get started on your next printing media project today? Modern Litho can help. Whether you’re designing a large magazine publication or your next direct mail piece, Modern Litho has the experience and expertise to make your campaign memorable. Call us today.
Forbes. “Print Is Dead? Not so Fast.” Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 28 June 2012. Web. 11 Oct. 2012. <http://www.forbes.com/sites/thesba/2012/06/28/print-is-dead-not-so-fast/>.
Keen. “PRINT IS BIG.” PRINT IS BIG. Keen, n.d. Web. 11 Oct. 2012. <http://printisbig.com/>.